Chemical metering pumps are used in applications where corrosive, toxic and flammable liquid chemicals are metered under very high pressures and extreme temperatures. These pumps are used in the chemical industry, petrochemical industry, refineries as well as oil and gas production or as special metering pumps in the process industry. If you need to dose chemicals with the highest possible grade of accuracy with a defined volume and within a defined time period, a chemical metering pump can be your solution.
Chemical Metering Pumps 101
The chemical metering pump is used to vary the displacement of chemicals either manually or automatically as process conditions require. It features a high level of repetitive accuracy and is capable of pumping acids, bases, corrosive or viscous liquids and slurries.
The pumping action is created when the reciprocating piston is either in direct contact with the process fluid, or is shielded from the fluid by a diaphragm. Diaphragms are actuated by hydraulic fluid between the piston and the diaphragm.
When to Use a Chemical Metering Pump
If your application has any of the following demands or requirements, a chemical metering pump may be the right choice:
- Low mL/hr or GPH flow rates
- High system pressure
- High accuracy feed rate
- Corrosive, hazardous, or high temperature fluids
- Viscous fluids or slurries
Benefits of Using Chemical Metering Pumps
A chemical metering pump control features an “intelligent metering” process that measures and controls the amount of fluid dispersed. Using the right measuring and control technology optimizes the chemical flow resulting in a more efficient process and cost savings of chemical resources and disposal.
Industries that Use Chemical Metering Pumps
Fluid chemicals are dosed in a range of different areas and applications including the following industries:
- Petrochemical / refineries
- Oil and gas production
- Special metering pumps in process industry
Available in Different Pressure Ranges
Three criteria are important when planning a metering system solution: the chemical to be dosed, the required precision and the control/ regulation range. Based on these factors, you may need either a low or high pressure system.
- Low pressure range metering pumps are the most popular choice for pumps because they are a cost effective, high performer with minimum maintenance and use mechanically-actuated diaphragms.
- High-power process metering pumps are used in the high-end segment when hydraulics, diaphragm and plunger process metering pumps are required because they guarantee reliable operation, even under the most challenging conditions.
Why Choose High-Power Chemical Metering Pumps?
- A modular design approach allows you to select and match individual components, including the diaphragm, hydraulic diaphragm and plunger metering pumps creating the flexibly to match multiple customer scenarios.
- These pumps can be used at very high pressures and temperatures (more than 3,000 bar pressures and temperatures ranging between -40°C and +400°C).
- Metering of high- to highest-viscosity liquids with a dynamic viscosity of up to 1,000,000mPas can be achieved.
Baker Technical Services offers chemical metering pump control systems that are resistant to almost all types and concentrations of chemicals. Whether you need a pump calibrated once and then dosed continuously, a simple metering process using measured values or a pump integrated into your current system. We have the right pump for your requirements.
5 Star Service Guaranteed